The DOT Lebanon Team is seeking a Workforce Officer for its Operations team with a focus on creating market linkages between DOT Lebanon trained youth and internship / apprenticeship and employment opportunities with the private and public sectors.
Key Performance Areas:
- Conduct thorough market assessments.
- Establish strong partnership with private companies.
- Coordinate internships and job placements.
- Verify the application of a minimum decent work standards.
- Provide follow-up job counseling when needed.
- Gather and report marketplace information that permits him/her to properly identify potential employment or internship opportunities.
- Liaise and coordinate between different projects\stakeholders (private & public sector, beneficiaries and field staff) ensuring successful job matching.
- Identify, select and cooperate with private companies and other employers able to absorb interns and/or provide longer-term employment.
- Understand the legal context of employment for refugees in Lebanon.
- Coordinate with DOT Lebanon & B.O.T on marketplace data, emerging industries – by developing a strategy to mobilize DOT Lebanon & B.O.T clients with various service offerings.
- Identify and Source potential employees through multiple channels in close coordination with the field operations
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews
- Manage, On-board, and Maintain up-to-date the database with the youth skills, availability and location and convenient metrics for on-demand work / internship readiness.
- Assess trainees (potential employees) information, including resumes and contact details, using a Workforce Data Management System.
BSc/BA in business administration, or any University degree related to social sciences and/or commercial fields.
Experience, Skills & Competencies, Knowledge:
Experience: At least 2 years work experience in relations with private sector engagement.
Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated expertise in market assessment, market analysis, marketresearch, etc.
- Knowledge of Lebanon’s job market.
- Knowledge of IT solutions (ex. Cloud, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, email, CRMs)
- Outstanding organizational as well as time-management skills.
- Strong advocacy and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong Interpersonal Communication and Critical Thinking.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and enjoy working within teams.
- Solution and Result Driven.
- A leader and strategic thinker.
- Ability to Meet Goals, to Work Under Pressure, High Energy Level, Motivation, Ambition, Technical Skill, Strategic Planning Skills, Creativity and Attention to Detail.
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive and efficient multi-tasker. This candidate can work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Internal: Operations Manager – Area Manager – Field Officer – M&E Manager –
External: Private & public sector and partners
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Beirut Based, with frequent site and client visits nationwide.
Interested applicants for this position must submit current curriculum vitae and the names and coordinates of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Application and enquiries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject title, “Application for Workforce Officer” .
The application deadline is Wednesday, 31 July 2019