DOT Lebanon is a social enterprise – an innovator in enabling people to access and apply information and communications technologies (ICT) to create education, economic and entrepreneurial opportunities. DOT’s vision is to make these opportunities available to marginalized people, especially women and youth, as a strategy to eradicate poverty, vulnerability and gender inequality. Established in Lebanon in 2010 with headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, DOT Lebanon provides skills development programs to build and enhance 21st-century skills within marginalized communities in Lebanon to prepare them for the jobs of the future.
DOT Lebanon is looking for a UI/UX Designer to develop our internal ERP software and support in other organizational projects with UX/UI requirements.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools.
Ultimately, DOT Lebanon’s UI/UX Designer will create both functional and appealing features that address organizational needs and support in the development of its online products.
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with project managers and coordinators.
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with key players and stakeholders.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables).
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images.
- Coordinate with the Learning & Education unit for Desktop Publishing.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role minimum 3 years.
- Portfolio of design projects.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software to include: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Team spirit, strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Good time-management skills.
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field.
Interested candidates, kindly send your CV and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Tuesday 31 March 2020