March 24th, 2020 @ 3:00 pm
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) Lebanon hereby solicits your bid for the above
subject, in accordance with this document.
Introduction of the organisation:
DOT Lebanon is a social enterprise – an innovator in enabling people to access and apply information and communications technologies (ICT) to create education, economic and entrepreneurial opportunities. DOT’s vision is to make these opportunities available to marginalized people, especially women and youth, as a strategy to eradicate poverty, vulnerability and gender inequality. Established in Lebanon since 2010 with headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, DOT Lebanon provides skills development programs to build and enhance 21st-century skills within marginalized communities in Lebanon to prepare them for the jobs of the future.
Introduction of the project:
DOT Lebanon, under Digital opportunities through Integrated Training (DoIT) project, was awarded a contract with Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair Refugee Education Fund to build the digital skills of 2,400 Lebanese and non-Lebanese youth scattered in vulnerable communities in different locations in Lebanon. 100 youth who completed their digital courses, will be receiving training on career readiness and soft skills, and will be referred for employment opportunities.
You are invited to submit a bid for the training details listed below.
Closing Date : 24 March 2020 – 18.00 Beirut time
Subject : Provision of Career Readiness and Soft Skills Training, Jobs Referral, and Employment Facilitation Services
(a) CURRENCY: USD
(b) RETURN OFFER: EMAIL ( ) FAX ( ) SEALED ENVELOPE (✓)
Description of the Request
Provision of training about career readiness and soft skills for groups of 17 youth aged 18-25 years old, in addition to their referral for job opportunities, and facilitating their employment.
1. Technical Description
The DoIT project is about enabling youth with vulnerable economics with digital, linguistic, and life skills that would be ready for future jobs, whether freelance, full time or part-time employment. The two-year project provides youth with market-driven courses that include: Digital & Media Literacy, Mobile Application Development, Microwork, Social Media Marketing, Robotics. Courses certified by leading industries such as google, Facebook, Microsoft. In addition to CISCO accredited courses (CISCO Cyber security, CISCO NDG Linux, and CISCO ITE). The enrolled beneficiaries who accessed DOT Lebanon courses, once completed only 100 candidates will be selected to access the career readiness program, and the selection is based on the acquired skills, education level, and commitment.
Based on the above, the task is according to the following:
● Number of total trainees: 100
● Number of trainees per group estimated at: 17
● Number of training groups estimated at: 6
● Age group: 18 and above
● Geographical area: North, South, Beirut, Mount Lebanon, and Bekaa
The full-service delivery term is from April 2020 to July 2021 (specific start and end dates to
2. Component 1 – Career Readiness & Soft Skills Training
In order to develop the life skills of the trainees, and prepare them for success in a wide range of work settings, the program of the career readiness training should include (and not limited to) the following components::
● Interviewing skills
● Resume Building
● Workplace Ethics & Behavior
● Goal Setting
● Dressing for Success
● Effective Communication
● Business Communication
● LinkedIn profile
● Understanding the job market
● How to maintain employment
● Assertiveness Development
● Customer Service Excellence
● Team Building
● Leadership Development: Discover the Leader Inside You
● Conflict Resolution and Problem Solving
● Workplace Ethics
● Diversity and Cultural Competency for the Workplace
● Entrepreneurial Spirit
The duration of the training depends on the curriculum, however the latter should cover the majority of the above topics. The consultant should be presenting the methodology of measuring learning outcomes per trainee.
3. Component 2 – Employment and Job referrals
Following the completion of the career readiness training, successful candidates will be referred for job opportunities depending on the acquired digital skill, education degree, experience if available, and the area of residency. In addition, qualified trainees will be given the opportunity to get employed.
● Job referrals: 80% of the successful candidates will be referred to job opportunities with means of verification provided.
● Employability: up to 50% of the candidates received employment offers that will be shared as means of verification.
4. Tenderer Profile
Interested entities providing career readiness, soft skills training, jobs referral and employment services who meet the minimum requirements below are invited to respond to this request in full. The full proposal includes all the activities listed in Table 1 for the duration of the training delivery term:
● Valid registered business (Company and/or NGO)
● Training Experience in the following topics: Business Communication, Written Communication, Career Development and Management, Customer Service, Professionalism, Job seeking skills, critical thinking, soft skills, Leadership, teamwork, etc.
● Qualified trainers to provide such training – with certifications in career readiness training is an advantage
● Proven experience in giving career readiness and soft skills training with a portfolio of clients
● Excellent logistical capabilities to manage youth during sessions inside the classroom
The budget shall be presented such as in Table 1.
Table 1 – Activities per group
Instructions to Tenderers
1. Bids are required to be:
a. Valid for 60 days after the date of bid opening. A bid valid for a shorter period shall be rejected
b. Submitted in English language, and by Hand in a sealed envelope/package clearly marked and addressed as follows:
Outer envelope/package of your bid must clearly indicate: DoIT (Project Title)
Career Readiness & Soft Skills Training Service Bid,
Name of your entity
Date of Submission
Att. Mrs. Zeina Fakhry
DOT Lebanon Office
Mar Abda Street, Sportika Bldg, Floor seven
Jal El Dib, Lebanon
(Between 10:00 am and 15:00)
c. Received to the above address before the time and date – March 24th, 2020 @ 3:00 pm
For queries please contact Mrs. Maha Mehdi on +961 70 113878.
2. Each bid should include the below and addressed to the Procurement Person:
a. Tenderer Name
b. Entity Profile (Experience with NGOs is a plus)
c. Certificates (Training Accreditation, Registration of the business/NGO, any other certificates)
d. CV of the trainer/trainers and descriptive literature of the offered training program
e. A presentation about previous similar work assignments
f. If VAT is applicable, please attach a copy of the VAT certificate or mention the VAT registration no. on your bid.
g. Payment Terms
3. An authorized representative of the service provider must sign, stamp, and date the bid, and other relative documents accompanying it.
Information relating to the evaluation of tenders shall not be disclosed to tenderers or any other persons not officially concerned with such process until information on contract award is communicated to all tenderers. Any attempt by a tenderer to improperly influence the employer in the evaluation of the tenders or contract award decisions may result in the rejection of its tender.
Clarification of Tenders
To assist in the examination, evaluation, and comparison of the tenders and qualification of the tenderers, the employer may, at its discretion, ask any tenderer for a clarification of its tender, allowing a reasonable time for response. Any clarification submitted by a tenderer that is not in response to a request by the employer shall not be considered.
The employer’s request for clarification and the response shall be in writing. No change in the prices or substance of the tender shall be sought, offered, or permitted, except to confirm the correction of arithmetic errors discovered by the employer in the evaluation of the tenders.
1. DOT Lebanon General Conditions of Contract shall apply.
2. If the Tenderer is successful, this RFB shall constitute the basis of an agreement for the services as listed above.
3. Payment for services shall be made by cheques within 10 working days after the submission of the invoice.
4. If you were not contacted after 30 working days from the closing date, then be notified that your offer was not selected.
Digital Opportunity Trust Lebanon
Please note that interviews will be held on an ongoing basis during the application period, and the position may be filled before the posted application deadline.Application Form