DOT Lebanon's Office
Wednesday, 22 January 2020
Digital Opportunity Trust is a Local NGO, member of the DOT networks in countries throughout Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and the Americas.
DOT is an innovator in enabling people to access and apply information and communications technologies (ICT) to create education, economic and entrepreneurial opportunities. DOT’s vision is to make these opportunities available to marginalized people, especially women and youth, as a strategy to eradicate poverty, vulnerability and gender inequality. DOT’s signature entrepreneurship programs, ReachUp! and StartUp!, integrate ICT, life skills, and micro-enterprise development and are delivered in a cost-effective manner, using university graduates to train and build the capacity of youth in their communities. DOT transforms and supports young women and men, as they become leaders of economic and educational change in their societies.
For a period of 6 months, the project coordinator will lead and manage the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the project titled “Increasing Inclusion of Youth with Disability Living in Lebanon in Digital Livelihoods”. He/She will put together project goals that meet DOT Lebanon’s standards and policies in addressing youth needs in a sustainable manner that leaves a considerable positive impact on the targeted beneficiaries.
*This is a part-time position
1. Project Management:
– Manage the planning and implementation of the project according to the approved proposal.
– Manage the budget planning and expenses according to the approved budget.
– Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the project according to approved stated objectives, plans of action, budgets and record progress.
– Develop networks with the needed organizations working with people with special needs and enhance partnership agreements with them.
– Lead and supervise coordination with partners in local communities to plan, implement and monitor the project.
– Ensure a daily follow-up and monitoring with the field staff (Area Managers/Field Officers) in the different areas of implementation.
– Participate in evaluating the impact of project interventions on the beneficiary population periodically (as needed, on an occasional basis).
2. Reporting, Administrative and Communications tasks:
– Ensure all M&E data are collected based on DOT Lebanon’s requirements.
– Ensure proper information is provided to the M&E team for all reports.
– Prepare a list of items to be purchased and all recruitment/consultants
needed for the project in coordination with the Procurement Officer.
– Provide success stories on a regular basis to the Communications
– Once needed and on an occasional basis, carry out public relations activities,
which include accompanying foreign visitors and donors to the project.
– Represent DOT Lebanon when requested and necessary.
– Perform other tasks as the need arises.
Bachelor’s Degree in a development-related field such as social work, social animation, public administration, psychology or sociology.
Experience, Skills & Competencies, Knowledge
Minimum 2 years of experience in similar jobs including project implementation, monitoring and report writing / preferable experience of working in advocacy projects involving people with special needs.
– Skills & Competencies:
Knowledge of people with disabilities’ situation in Lebanon / knowledge of refugees’ context and youth needs.
Communication: (Internal and External)
Internal: Operations Manager, Finance Manager, Area Managers, Field Officers, Communication Unit & Hr and Procurement Unit
External: MOSA and other ministries when needed, INGOs and NGOs…
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
60 % working in the field.
Interested applicants with the below requirements should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Coordinator for Drosos”.
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, 22 January 2020
Please note that interviews will be held on an ongoing basis during the application period, and the position may be filled before the posted application deadline.Application Form