DOT Lebanon's Office
April 17, 2020
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT www.lebanon.dotrust.org) is a Local NGO, member of the DOT networks in countries throughout Africa, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas.
DOT is an innovator in enabling people to access and apply information and communications technologies (ICT) to create education, economic and entrepreneurial opportunities. DOT’s vision is to make these opportunities available to marginalized people, especially women and youth, as a strategy to eradicate poverty, vulnerability and gender inequality. DOT transforms and supports young women and men, as they become leaders of economic and education change in their societies.
● Develop, gain agreement on and lead the continuous enhancement of the Human Resources strategies, policies and procedures to ensure that DOT Lebanon has the required resources to achieve its business plan in the short and long term while keeping staff engaged to maximize their contribution to DOT Lebanon.
● Support managers in recruiting top quality and committed professionals.
Key Results Area/KPA (Key Performance Areas):
● Attracting and acquiring the right talents in a timely basis, in sufficient numbers and with appropriate qualifications for the jobs.
● Developing and upskilling employees to lower the need to hire, which in turn decrease overall costs and increase performance of current workforce.
● Workforce stability and hiring management satisfaction assessment.
● Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
● Develop effective HR management tools and provide regular HR analysis and reporting to the Country Director and Senior Management Team.
● Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
● Enhance the organization’s human resources by developing, implementing, and continuously evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices.
● Optimize the recruitment process by making it faster, reliable and digitized. Supervise end to end recruitment process in cooperation with the head of departments and Project Managers. And advise hiring managers on interview techniques and protocols.
● Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
● Manage a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
● Administer and update remuneration and benefits systems in line with organizational policy, with an aim to competitively attract and retain employees.
● Contribute to the creation of a positive and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organization’s Code of Conduct, ethics, values and standpoint with regard to internal and external actors.
● Liaise with DOT Lebanon Lawyer to ensure compliance with labor law and finalize all legal issues.
● Ensure the use of an effective and advanced Payroll System and keep continuous improvement of relevant policies and procedures.
● Work closely with the finance team to process accurate and timely centralized payroll and taxation matters for all staff while maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
● Ensure compliance with the Lebanese Code of Labor, National Security Social Fund, Ministry of Finance regulations, Ministry of Labor and other relevant national Legal regulations.
● Supervise the leave balances and keep personnel files are up to date.
● Lead satisfaction surveys to maintain engagement levels across, manage employee relations and provide counsel and support on all personnel related matters.
● Work with the Country Director to resolve specific employee relations issues, conduct or facilitate investigations as needed.
● Develop a 360 degrees appraisal system and implement it once a year.
● Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance, and coordinate with senior management team on development plans and staff movement.
● Assist supervisors and staff in understanding and using the performance management process.
Learning & Development:
● Identify staff developmental needs, and recommend proper mix of training and other developmental approaches.
● Develop tailored onboarding programmes, training materials and personal development options for staff.
● Cultivate professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
● Regularly review the DOT Lebanon procurement policies and procedures and ensures its proper implementation.
● Oversee the procurement team to ensure that all procurements are managed, tracked and recorded.
Master/Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or other related discipline.
Experience, Skills & Competencies, Knowledge:
● Minimum 6 years of experience in the human resources field.
● At least 5 years in a management position.
● Proven working experience as HR Manager or other HR executive.
Skills & Competencies:
● Excellent managerial, coaching and leadership skills.
● Strong negotiation, advocacy and communication skills.
● Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
● People oriented and result driven.
● Excellent active listening and presentation skills.
● Ability to work independently in a fast-paced dynamic working environment.
● Excellent writing skills, is creative and committed.
● Build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
● Program implementation and training development.
● In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
● HR System and databases.
Communication: (Internal and External):
Internal: With the country director, and all units.
External: With universities, recruitment agencies, suppliers, DOT Headquarters and with potential partners/clients.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Office work and on site field visits when required.
Interested candidates should send their CV to the following email email@example.com with a subject line “Human Resources Manager” no later than April 17, 2020.
Please note that interviews will be held on an ongoing basis during the application period, and the position may be filled before the posted application deadline.Application Form