DOT Lebanon is a social enterprise – an innovator in enabling people to access and apply information and communications technologies (ICT) to create education, economic and entrepreneurial opportunities. DOT’s vision is to make these opportunities available to marginalized people, especially women and youth, as a strategy to eradicate poverty, vulnerability and gender inequality. Established in Lebanon in 2010 with headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, DOT Lebanon provides skills development programs to build and enhance 21st-century skills within marginalized communities in Lebanon to prepare them for the jobs of the future.
DOT Lebanon, hereinafter referred to as DOT, is looking for a Consultant to work on policy development for people with special needs.
To conduct a mapping of existing procedures:
- Ability to work and disability pension
- Specific benefits available for disability
- Explore the availability of the various types of disability assessments (e.g. geographical distribution, specialists present, assessment timeframe, statistical information available, etc.) in all parts of Lebanon
- Explore employability average across Lebanon including type of disability employed, companies, salary scale, benefits,….)
- (Attach the relevant legal regulations and instructions, including any assessment forms/worksheets that may be used)
- Recommend a detailed strategy/policy that DOT Lebanon could implement to be an inclusive entity.
- An inception report to be submitted at the end of the first two weeks, based on the initial discussions with DOT Lebanon on the main assumptions and analytical questions. This will include a review of the proposed methodology, the tools for data collection and a work plan.
- Progress review with DOT Lebanon after the first month of the assignment
- Draft and final report in English, contents of which will include:
- Executive summary of the situational analysis findings
- Introduction to the context
- Situation analysis methodology, and mention any constraints and challenges encountered, and strategies used to overcome them.
- Detailed key findings and conclusions related to the main objectives and expected results.
- Annexes – all disability assessment tools and administrative instructions
- List of persons met during the assignment process and salient points of the meetings
- Final meeting, with a PowerPoint presentation, to present the key findings, conclusions and recommendations, and limitations of the analysis.
- A detailed policy, written document, that allows DOT Lebanon to implement to be an inclusive organization.
Experience, Skills & Competencies, Knowledge:
- Advanced university degree in public health, social science or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience with carrying out situational analysis or similar assignments or scientific publications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Interested consultants are requested to submit the following documents (CV, Quotation and previous work) via email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2020, with the subject line “Consultancy on Policy Development”