Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT www.lebanon.dotrust.org) is a Local NGO, member of the DOT networks in countries throughout Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and the Americas.
DOT is an innovator in enabling people to access and apply information and communications technologies (ICT) to create education, economic and entrepreneurial opportunities. DOT’s vision is to make these opportunities available to marginalized people, especially women and youth, as a strategy to eradicate poverty, vulnerability and gender inequality. DOT’s signature entrepreneurship programs, ReachUp! and StartUp!, integrate ICT, life skills, and micro-enterprise development and are delivered in a cost-effective manner, using university graduates to train and build the capacity of youth in their communities. DOT transforms and supports young women and men, as they become leaders of economic and educational change in their societies.
Develop and implement the communications strategy, as well as provide input to the design, management and implementation of the DOT Lebanon communications and publication strategies. Promote public and media outreach to optimize communication efficiency.
- Developing Photography and Videography briefs for on-sight jobs and testimonials/ Coordination for Shoots.
- Developing Video Animation Briefs and coordinating with Animators for content and branding alignment.
- Developing Graphic Design and Creative Briefs/Follow-up for timely delivery of material and adherence to deadlines.
Social Media Coordination & Execution:
- Development of monthly content calendars for social media.
- Creative Coordination with in-house Graphic Designer on the designs of campaigns for social media.
- Tracking of content and campaigns performance and Application of Campaign Optimization Tactics.
- Developing and implementing Social Media Strategy and Digital Engagement Plans.
- Coordination with the field teams to Identify and write human interest stories.
- Community Management on Social Media.
- Developing captions for social media posts.
- Developing an email strategy to maintain an optimized communication with all organization stakeholders.
Digital Coordination & Execution:
- Maintain & Update Website content / Coordinate with Web Developers for Tactical Landing pages.
- Launch online surveys and follow up on target results.
- Create targeted E-mail marketing strategies utilizing insights.
Offline Media Coordination & Execution:
- Develop ATL and BTL marketing strategies.
- Coordinate for Offline Media Buying Campaigns.
- Coordination of networking/Promotional events.
- Coordination with Event Planners for National Events.
- Development and implementation of events action plans.
- Representation of the company in national events.
- Setting up event participation strategy.
- Develop Press Releases.
Coordination with internal Units:
- Develop Annual Report/Impact Report/Success Stories.
- Develop Sales tools and visibility materials (Printables, Presentations, Videos, Images, Offers…)
- Review documents and presentations when requested by team members and ensure their alignment with the brand’s guidelines.
- Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation department on the development of reports and updates of collaterals.
- Coordinate with the Learning Unit on the development of learning material and tools (Education Tracks, Brochures, Online content).
- Coordinate with the HR Unit on the development of employee-related materials and programs (IDs, Benefits Program, Safeguarding tools) and the launching of new vacancies.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Unit on the certificates design and the design of branded materials.
- Coordinate with Operations on the development and implementation of campaigns and visibility materials according to projects’ requirements, as well as project partners on the implementation of campaigns.
Budget forecasting and Procurement:
- Set up spending strategies and monitor the communications budgets according to donors’ requirements.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Unit on the provision of visibility items and supplier outreach according to budgets and units’ needs.
Perform any other tasks relevant to the job requirement.
Minimum. bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or Journalism.
Experience, Skills & Competencies, Knowledge:
3-5 years in communications, digital advertising, and social media marketing, Experience effectively communicating information and ideas in written and visual formats.
Experience in humanitarian and NGO settings is a strong asset.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to train/coach junior staff and interns.
- Presentation skills: give presentations to any concerned person.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Social Media and analytics software (Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, etc.)
- Google Suite Toolset
- Graphic design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, social media
- Handling website back-ends
Communication: (Internal and External):
Cross-departmental Teams, Field Staff, Project Managers, Operations Manager, and Country Director.
Agencies, Partners, Suppliers, and others.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Office work and frequent field visits all over Lebanon.
Interested candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com with the subject line: [Name – Communications Officer].
Deadline to apply: September 17, 2021