Saturday 23 November 2019
DOT is an innovator in enabling people to access and apply information and communications technologies (ICT) to create education, economic and entrepreneurial opportunities. DOT’s vision is to make these opportunities available to marginalized people, especially women and youth, as a strategy to eradicate poverty, vulnerability and gender inequality. DOT’s signature entrepreneurship programs, ReachUp! and StartUp!, integrate ICT, life skills, and micro-enterprise development and are delivered in a cost-effective manner, using university graduates to train and build the capacity of youth in their communities. DOT transforms and supports young women and men, as they become leaders of economic and educational change in their societies.
Support any project implementation in their area for all related training programs through coaching and regular communication with the DOT trainers, Field Officers and all the stakeholders in their area. Work on the DOT Lebanon country team and take their direction from the Operations Manager.
1. Guide and support the DOT coaches/trainers in assessing the community centers’ infrastructure, its ICT environment, and personnel.
2. Mentor, manage and coach the DOT Digital coaches/trainers and Field officers to resolve issues and challenges as they arise during their assignments.
3. Ensure that the DOT Digital coaches/trainers and Field officers are consistently fulfilling their roles, completing program delivery tasks and achieving milestones.
4. Ensure that the DOT Digital coaches/trainers develop and apply the skills they need to drive successful implementation of the DOT’s projects in their communities.
5. Work closely with the DOT community partners on outreach activities, promoting the program, facilitating the logistics component of the program implementation.
6. Submit needed (operational/financial) documentation/reports and/or information in regards to the implementation, reporting of the program.
7. Regular coordination with the Operations Manager on weekly field visits, constraints, successes, recommendations, etc..
8. Demonstrate a complex awareness of a variety of technology and subject-specific tools and applications
9. Regularly identifies technology tools to improve personal subject matter and pedagogical knowledge and share with the bigger DOT team
10. Effectively identify, collect, and analyze relevant data, lessons learned, observation to form conclusions by working closely with the DOT monitoring team and to complete their reporting requirements (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual)
11. Work closely with the Human Resources Team on the recruitment and orientation for new DOT Digital coaches/trainers.
12. Undertake other duties assigned by the Operations Manager. Coordinating and building community relationships
13. Actively pursue and develop internal and external networks consistent with the vision, mission, core values, and overall organizational objectives.
14. Build and maintain relationships with local authorities, community representatives, NGOs & INGOs, and other stakeholders to ensure strong and effective working relationships, program sustainability.
15. Identify potential donors and maintain a good relationship to maximize the financial and technical resources.
16. Facilitate project visits by donors and other visitors
17. Participate actively in the Operation meetings sharing lessons learned and best practices and assist in identifying new project ideas and funding opportunities whenever possible
01. Accurate assessment for the centers.
02. Accurate program implementation.
03. Accurate & quality deliverables.
04. Number of beneficiaries.
05. 0 variance, timely report.
06. Accurate reporting and up – to date follow up.
07. New technology tools and ideas shared with DOT’s team.
08. Data collection and analysis.
09. Accurate selection of suitable coaches.
10. Maintenance and development of networks and relationships.
11. Number of donors’ visits.
Communication: (Internal and External):
Internal: Operations Manager – Field Officer – M&E Manager – HR – Country Director – Communications
Officer – B.O.T team
External: Program Stakeholders (beneficiaries, donors, municipalities, etc.)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Office work and field visits
Beirut & Mount Lebanon
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Applying to BML Area Manager.
Deadline to apply: Saturday 23 November 2019
Please note that interviews will be held on an ongoing basis during the application period, and the position may be filled before the posted application deadline.Application Form